USQ Study Space Instagram Competition
1. The Study Space Instagram Competition (Competition) is conducted by the University of Southern Queensland (USQ), Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350, ABN: 40 234 732 081.
2. The Competition commences on 08th January 2017 at 12pm (Commencement Date) and concludes 15th January 2017 at 12pm midday (End Date) (Competition Period).
3. Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. By entering the Competition, You (or Entrant) are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entry is free and open only to USQ current students.
6. To enter, Entrants must post a photo of their ‘study space’ on their personal social media Instagram account and tag it with ‘#usqedu’ and ‘@usqedu’ (https://www.instagram.com/usqedu/?hl=en (the ‘Submission’), so that it is current and accessible at the conclusion of the Competition for judging (the Entry).
7. Each Entrant is entitled to make one Entry only.
8. By entering the Competition, You warrant that You are the sole owner of the original Content and Copyright in the Content of the Submission. This clause shall survive the end of the Competition.
9. Entrant warrants that he or she has the full right, title and power to grant and agrees to grant to USQ:
a. An assignment, or in the case of Copyright Content, an irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual, non-exclusive, world-wide licence (including a right to sub-licence to others) of the Entrant’s Intellectual Property (IP) rights in the Submission
b. All consents and permissions to the following acts done in relation to the Content regardless of whether those acts or omissions might otherwise infringe the Entrant’s Moral Rights in the Content:
i. Failure to identify authorship or attribute authorship;
ii. Altering, varying, amending, or modifying the Content, format, colours, layout, style, materially or otherwise; or
iii. Adding any additional content or information; for USQ (and any sub-licensees) to use, adapt, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, publicly display and distribute the Content in the Submission for educational, promotional, communication, information activities, and agrees to execute any formal paperwork required by USQ to this effect. This clause shall survive the conclusion of the Competition.
10. USQ reserves the right to disqualify any Entries in their discretion which are deemed by the University to be inappropriate, offensive, or discriminatory and in excess of one Entry.
11. The Total Prize Pool for the Competition is valued at $110 and comprises three (3) Prizes. First prize consists of 1 x $50 Officeworks voucher valued at AUD $50.00 and second and third prize each consists of 1 x USQ Duffle Bag valued at $30 each.
12. Three (3) Entrants will be selected in the order of first, second and third place based on the criteria of creativity and originality of the Submission as judged in the sole discretion of USQ by a panel made up of staff from the USQ Social Engagement and Marketing (Marketing and Students Attraction) on the End Date at O1, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350, after 12:05pm to be a Potential Winner. Each Entrant in the Competition may win only one Prize.
13. Potential Winners will be contacted via a message response to their photo entry and asked to provide their current student number within five (5) business days of the notification. USQ will confirm Potential Winners as Winners and treat the Prize as claimed providing Potential Winners respond within the time as directed with the required information. A further selection may occur for any unclaimed Prizes until all Prizes are successfully claimed by a Winner.
14. USQ will email the Prize to each Winner within five (5) business days of receiving the Winner’s details as set out above. The Prize will be mailed to the address listed for the student number provided by the Winner.
15. A Prize shall not be redeemable or transferable for cash. USQ reserves the right to substitute the Prize or part of the Prize with other item or items totalling an equal value or greater value in the event the Prize is not able to be awarded. Any change in the value of the Prize between the commencement and conclusion of the Competition is not the responsibility of USQ.
16. In addition, any terms and conditions (including time limitations) applicable to the Prize and ancillary costs incurred in taking and using the Prize is the responsibility of the Winner and not USQ.
17. Your Personal Information as defined by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) may be collected and used and disclosed by USQ for university and Competition purposes and other incidental and associated functions and activities including to contact you with information and updates about USQ programs and events unless USQ is notified otherwise by you hitting the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email communication or emailing email@example.com and requesting to be removed from the USQ database. By participating in the Competition you consent to USQ using and disclosing any part of your Personal Information as set out above including transferring your Personal Information outside of Australia.
18. USQ does not accept any responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted, or misdirected Entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
19. USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition including extending End Date of the Competition or varying the time of a draw. USQ also reserves the right to disqualify any individual who USQ has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
20. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of USQ which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or otherwise, USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions under applicable legislation.
21. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the maximum allowable by law), neither USQ nor any of its Associates (including employees, contractors, agents, and suppliers) will be liable for any liability, loss, damage, cost or expense (including direct, indirect, special or consequential) howsoever arising and on any theory of liability including contract, tort (including negligence) or statute that arises out or in connection of the Competition (including any use of the Prize). The Entrant indemnifies USQ for any loss or damage suffered from providing false, incorrect, incomplete or misleading information or breaching any third party intellectual property rights or any Terms and Conditions in this Competition. This clause survives the end of the Competition.
22. All decisions of USQ in relation to the conduct of the Competition are final, binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The laws of Queensland shall apply to these Terms and Conditions. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed and the remainder construed as if the severed part had never existed.