Semester 2 Headstrong Online Program Survey Competition Terms & Conditions
Are you currently participating in the Headstrong online program? Find the competition details here!
1. The Headstrong Online Program Survey Competition (‘Competition’) is conducted by the University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350, ABN: 40 234 732 081 (USQ).
2. The Competition commences at 8:00am (AEST) on Thursday 3 August 2017 (‘Start Date’) and concludes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Monday 9 October 2017 (‘End Date’) (‘Competition Period’) and consists two (2) surveys, each survey having a commencement and conclusion date.
(a) Survey one (1): Commences 8:00am (AEST) on Thursday 3 August 2017 and concludes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Sunday 20 August 2017.
(b) Survey two (2): Commences 8:00am (AEST) on Monday 25 September 2017 and concludes at 11:59pm (AEST) on Monday 9 October 2017.
3. Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. By entering the Competition, You (‘Entrant’) are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
5. Entry is free and open to undergraduate and postgraduate USQ students who pay the student amenities fee and are participating in the Headstrong Online Program.
6. Students who withdraw from the Online Headstrong Program during the Competition Period will be ineligible.
7. To enter, Entrants must complete the Headstrong each survey.
8. Each Entrant is entitled to make one Entry only in each Competition.
9. Each prize winner may win only once.
10. The total value of the Prize Pool for the Competition is AUD$250.00 comprising of five (5) Prizes being five (5) x AUD$50 Coles/Myer gift cards.
11. Prizes shall not be redeemable or transferable for cash. USQ reserves the right to substitute a Prize or part of a Prize for another Prize or item of equal value or greater value in the event the Prize is not able to be awarded. Any change in the value of the Prize between the commencement and conclusion of the Competition is not the responsibility of USQ.
12. Entrants will be selected as Potential Winners based on a random selection by the USQ Online Marketing Team (Marketing and Student Attraction) at O1, University of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Queensland 4350 at 11am on the first business day after conclusion date of the Competition. Potential Winners will be notified by email and announced on the USQ Headstrong Closed Facebook Group. To successfully claim the Prize and be a Winner, as determined by USQ, the Potential Winners must within five (5) days of receipt of the emailed notification –
(a) acknowledge receipt of the emailed notification and
(b) provide a postal address for delivery of the Prize via registered post.
13. In the event a Prize is unclaimed or a winner is not determined, a second chance selection will occur at the same place as the original selection within seven (7) days of the original selection date. In the event the second chance Prize is unclaimed or a winner is not determined, the Prize will not be awarded.
14. USQ will mail the Prize to each winner within five (5) business days of a winner successfully claiming the Prize and being determined a winner.
15. USQ reserves the right to disqualify any Entry in their discretion which is deemed by the University to be inappropriate, offensive, or discriminatory or in excess of one Entry.
16. In addition, any terms and conditions applicable to the Prize and ancillary costs incurred in taking and using the Prize is the sole responsibility of the winner and not USQ. USQ takes no responsibility for voucher expiry date. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to check the voucher expiry date and use the voucher within the time limit specified on the voucher.
17. All decisions of USQ in relation to the conduct of the Competition are final binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. Your Personal Information as defined by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) may be collected and used and disclosed by USQ for university and Competition purposes and other incidental and associated functions and activities including to contact you with information and updates about USQ programs and events unless USQ is notified otherwise by you hitting the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email communication or emailing email@example.com and requesting to be removed from the USQ database. By participating in the competition you consent to USQ using and disclosing any part of your personal information as set out above including transferring your personal information outside of Australia.
19. USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition including extending the End Date of the Competition or varying the time of selection. USQ also reserves the right to disqualify any individual who USQ has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
20. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of USQ which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or otherwise, USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions under applicable legislation.
21. Neither USQ nor any of its employees, contractors, agents, and suppliers associated with this Competition will be liable for any liability, loss, damage, or expense (including direct, indirect or consequential loss or loss of profits) suffered or incurred (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence arising out of, or in connection of the Competition, including if you are a Winner, your use of the Prize; except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum allowable by law)) and the Entrant indemnifies USQ for any loss or damage suffered from any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions including breach of any third parties intellectual property rights and any warranty being false or incorrect. This clause survives the conclusion of the Competition.
22. The laws of Queensland shall apply to these Terms and Conditions. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed and the remainder construed as if the severed part had never existed.