Social Hub Engage Educate Empower
UConnect Beta Feedback Competition Terms & Conditions
2. The Competition commences on 13 November 2017 (Commencement Date) and concludes 19 March, 2018 (End Date) (Competition Period).
3. Information on how to enter the Competition forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Entry is free and open only to currently enrolled USQ students enrolled in Semester Two (2) or Three (3) of 2017 or Semester One (1) of 2018. By entering the Competition, You (or Entrant) are deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
5. By leaving your feedback one or more times in the ‘Help us improve this site’ section of the UConnect Beta webpage, the Entrant will have one Entry into
a. the random draw to win a USQ Merchandise Pack as relevant to the time of the first feedback and each fortnightly draw thereafter, subject to any Entrant being able to win only one USQ Merchandise Pack, and
b. the second round random draw at the end of the Competition Period to win one of three $100 Visa gift cards, provided by the ICT department.
6. USQ reserves the right to disqualify any Entry in their discretion which is deemed by USQ to be inappropriate, offensive, or discriminatory.
7. The Total Prize Pool for the Competition is valued at AUD $449.58 and comprises of twelve (12) Prizes as follows:
a. Nine (9) USQ Merchandise Pack Prizes; each Prize consisting of one (1) x USQ set of headphones valued at AUD $9.50, one (1) x USQ water bottle valued at AUD $4.10, one (1) x USQ pen valued at AUD $1.04, and one (1) x pack of USQ flag tags valued at AUD $1.98, one (1) USQ Merchandise Pack Prize to be awarded each fortnight on a Monday at 10am, commencing 27 November 2017.
b. Three (3) Visa gift card Prizes, each valued at AUD $100, awarded to three (3) Entrants shortly after the conclusion of the Competition.
8. USQ will mail the Prize to each Winner within five (5) business days of the relevant draw.
9. A Prize shall not be redeemable or transferable for cash. USQ reserves the right to substitute the Prize or part of the Prize with another item or items totalling an equal value or greater value in the event the Prize or part thereof is not able to be awarded. Any change in the value of a Prize between the commencement and conclusion of the Competition is not the responsibility of USQ.
10. In addition, any terms and conditions (including time limitations) applicable to the Prize is the responsibility of the Winner and not USQ.
11. Your Personal Information as defined by the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) may be collected and used and disclosed by USQ for university and competition purposes and other incidental and associated functions and activities including to contact you with information and updates about USQ programs and events unless USQ is notified otherwise by you hitting the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the email communication or emailing 1UEP@usq.edu.au and requesting to be removed from the USQ database. By participating in the Competition you consent to USQ using and disclosing any part of your Personal Information as set out above including transferring your Personal Information outside of Australia.
12. USQ does not accept any responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted, misdirected Entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise.
13. USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition including extending End Date of the Competition or varying the time of selection. USQ also reserves the right to disqualify any individual who USQ has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Competition.
14. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of USQ which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition or otherwise, USQ reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition subject to any written directions under applicable legislation.
15. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the maximum allowable by law), neither USQ nor any of its Associates (including employees, contractors, agents, and suppliers) will be liable for any liability, loss, damage, cost or expense (including direct, indirect, special or consequential) howsoever arising and on any theory of liability including contract, tort (including negligence) or statute that arises out or in connection of the Competition (including any use of the Prize). The Entrant indemnifies USQ for any loss or damage suffered from providing false, incorrect, incomplete, or misleading information or breaching any third party intellectual property rights or any Terms and Conditions in this Competition. This clause survives the end of the Competition.
16. All decisions of USQ in relation to the conduct of the Competition are final, binding and conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The laws of Queensland shall apply to these Terms and Conditions. If any part of these Terms and Conditions are void or unenforceable, then that part will be severed and the remainder construed as if the severed part had never existed.